you know, it is probably really weird that some one as young as I am is as introspective as a ninety year old man but here it goes. If life has given me any thing it is the ability to roll with the punches. Life is a contradiction. ideally the good would last and the bad fly by. But that is not what happens. The good is fleeting and the bad lingers. No one in my family is like this but me. My parents see this as non motivation, laziness, and just plain immaturity, but it an't. I simply go with the flow, doing things at my own drum beat, and in my own time. This is why I am so calm the 9 out of 10 times when life for my family goes to shit, and why unlike another person in my position I haven't developed a stomach ulster, or killed my liver at the age of 22. The why I live my life may not work for some people but it works for me.
You want my secret to a low stress life. here is what I recommend.
1. trust in god, or who/what you believe in that life will get better.
2. by his grace go and live your life.
3. trust that no matter how shitty life is now it get better, maybe by a little or a lot but it does.
4. learn that no matter how bad you got it, there is some poor unfortunate soul out there that has got it worse.
5. laugh, levity is a god given gift use it.
and most of all, learn to roll with the punches.